ad
ad
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Penalty free deletion button

Would it be possible to incorporate something along the Modify button that would allow for self deletion of a topic or post that wouldnt penalize grams? Is this already incorporated somewhere?

Additionally, how does the Modify button work? Sometimes i see it and sometimes i dont. Is it time limited?

For example i made a silly post about cookies offtopic and i was trying to modify it but it seems like the edit/modify option disappeared.

People are only allowed to edit for 15 minutes, to prevent people from drastically changing their post info at a later time, which is a problem on forums that I have seen over the years.

As for the penalty, I believe it is important so people don't abuse the system. It's not that big of a deal either, just gotta make some good posts and earn the grams back. It's not like people will be getting banned or anything.

Quote from spacemarine on March 11, 2021, 6:43 pm

People are only allowed to edit for 15 minutes, to prevent people from drastically changing their post info at a later time, which is a problem on forums that I have seen over the years.

As for the penalty, I believe it is important so people don't abuse the system. It's not that big of a deal either, just gotta make some good posts and earn the grams back. It's not like people will be getting banned or anything.

I feel that, it really isn't a big deal to just make a couple more posts. Thank you for the thoughtful responses here and elsewhere. It's nice to know how involved people are in the forum.

I was wondering about this, thanks for the clarifying.

interesting theres a time limit.. i thought i was going crazy for awhile there but good point to it

ad

Good to know