Please or Register to create posts and topics.

member contact / message

Page 1 of 2Next

Hi,   was   suggesting  to be able to  message  a member?    or to be able to  "hide "   profile, any   additional profile options?

It would be great to have a Direct Message or Private Message ability!

Yes!! I was about to post this exact topic. It would be great to be able to private message individual users.

alternatively, it would be nice to allow a public email we could add in the profile page or other contact info so we can communicate.

I would also like there to be some form of member to member communication...that's not through email. As well as some sort of new notifications alert (that doesn'tgo to your email) i intentionally do not even subscribe to my own posts because i don't want a billion notifications going to my email.

I like the public forum but wouldn't mind one to be able to talk to other people. 

Well, it would be nice to specifically talk to just certain members sometimes. Like I was talking to another member about specific plants but it didn't seem appropriate for the forum topic but I wanted to keep chatting with them about it.

I think it could be a great addition to this forum. And it wouldn't hurt the rest of the forum either, you know? And maybe, we could open up a trade section so people could trade their kratom and exchange different types! That would be cool and could be done with a PM/direct message system

I think this is a great idea!!! Its kind of hard to have a conversation with someone, through a forum topic. Im sure this forum will only continue to grow, from here!

"  open up a trade section so people could trade their kratom and exchange different types!   Super    -  there was /is  a forum that does do that,    In fact  they have a  go between guy ( i think )    to hold,    if you rather  send  to a  sort of  kratom  bank  thingy  &  keep an   account of  grams/oz   that you send in  to be  "traded "    for  grams/oz  of   different -  red bali for  red jonkong  or  ???? Shipping  would need to be worked out  &  how  much  traded  per  week /  month   & of  course  a   feedback  /  member  rating  system  -  ONLY  5  trades  per month??

These are all good ideas.

I'm not sure how to implement member messages without opening up the possibility of people abusing the messaging system, so I haven't done that and might not ever do it.

Even if it was possible to moderate personal messages and prevent any abuse, I don't want to do that cause it's wrong to spy on people's private conversations.

As for a trading section, maybe one day soon. A Kratom economy can definitely be useful. Thank you for the idea 🙂

Quote from spacemarine on March 11, 2021, 6:40 pm

These are all good ideas.

I'm not sure how to implement member messages without opening up the possibility of people abusing the messaging system, so I haven't done that and might not ever do it.

Even if it was possible to moderate personal messages and prevent any abuse, I don't want to do that cause it's wrong to spy on people's private conversations.

As for a trading section, maybe one day soon. A Kratom economy can definitely be useful. Thank you for the idea ?

Hey thank you for the thoughtful responses! I appreciate it. I understand there are so many factors that affect how the website ends up. I love it already, its fun to daydream about wild features though.

Page 1 of 2Next